1) “THE SECRET OF GETTING STARTED IS BREAKING YOUR COMPLEX OVERWHELMING TASKS INTO SMALL MANAGEABLE TASKS, AND THEN STARTING ON THE FIRST ONE.” (MARK TWAIN)
As we said earlier in this ebook on procrastination, getting started is hard. It gets easier when you’re looking at a small, specific task, rather than a huge, scary amount of work. So, try breaking your paper into small, easy to manage parts.
2) “…IF YOU’VE GOT A WRITER’S BLOCK, YOU CAN CURE IT THIS EVENING BY STOPPING WHATEVER YOU’RE WRITING AND DOING SOMETHING ELSE.” (RAY BRADBURY)
Sometimes the best option is to take a break and let your brain have some rest. Just make sure it doesn’t become a habit, or you’ll have to deal with your paper at the last possible minute.
3) “ALWAYS STOP WHILE YOU ARE GOING GOOD AND DON’T THINK ABOUT IT OR WORRY ABOUT IT UNTIL YOU START TO WRITE THE NEXT DAY. THAT WAY YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS WILL WORK ON IT ALL THE TIME.” (ERNEST HEMINGWAY)
Now, that’s something new, but it might as well work for you. When you stop writing while doing well, you might be more inspired to work on your paper tomorrow, and so the writer’s block will never become an issue.
4) “PRETEND THAT YOU’RE WRITING NOT TO YOUR EDITOR OR TO AN AUDIENCE OR TO A READERSHIP, BUT TO SOMEONE CLOSE, LIKE YOUR SISTER, OR YOUR MOTHER, OR SOMEONE THAT YOU LIKE.” (JOHN STEINBECK)
Writing something that will be evaluated is scary. Explaining the problem to a fellow student, or even your professor – not so much. Try writing as if you are actually talking to someone you know. You don’t get blocks in real-life conversations, right?
5) “WRITING ABOUT A WRITER’S BLOCK IS BETTER THAN NOT WRITING AT ALL.” (CHARLES BUKOWSKI)
What most writers agree on is that to overcome writer’s block, you need to write. It’s ok if what you write is no good. It’s fine if you are writing something off topic. The point is putting yourself to work, so that your brain understands you mean business and finally starts producing something worthy.
Hope with these words of wisdom from famous writers, you’ll never be stuck with your paper again! But if you are, we’re here to help! Just order your paper at Grademiners, and let someone else struggle with that topic.