Essay Appendix，也就是论文附录，是Essay类型中Research Peper写作中不可或缺的一部分。光是写Research Peper就足以让留学生们苦不堪言了，还要写Appendix。鉴于留学生们因为作业叫苦连天，美伦教育就为大家整理了Essay写作中Appendix写作的五个步骤以及优秀范文，大家可以参考学习一下。
An appendix serves both the reader and the writer of a research paper. In the appendix, writers can include material that supports their theses but that would be distracting in the text of a given paper. Such material might include detailed descriptions of equipment, relevant mathematical proofs, research questionnaires or a detailed description of a cited author's intent. If you find yourself going off on a tangent in your paper, but you also feel that the discussion is relevant and helpful to the reader, it may belong in an appendix.
Step 1：Use the title "Appendix" if you are writing only one appendix. If you are writing more than one appendix, label them "Appendix A," "Appendix B," and so forth. Center the title at the top of the page, and drop down two lines to make the first entry.
Step 2：Develop separate appendices for different types of supporting materials, advises the Purdue University Online Writing Lab. For example, tables might go in one appendix; detail from another author's research in another.
Step 3：Pull out relevant supporting information from the source and condense it in your own words. You may use anything that supports your paper as long as you referred to the source in your paper. You are not writing a synopsis, which would be a summary of an entire book or article, and you are not writing an abstract, which would be a synopsis with critical commentary. Adhere only to information you actually cite in your paper.
Step 4：Add a short introduction and conclusion for each appendix, advises Penn State University's document "Writing Guidelines for Engineering and Science Students." The introduction should explain why certain material is in the appendix or point out possible reader confusions, given that the reader is seeing the information out of context. The conclusion might explain the significance of the data, explain the related research methodology or make another relevant remark.
Step 5：Format each entry according to the citation style guide that your professor or industry expects.
Set of Statements Used for Developing Required Constructs for the Study I Statements for measuring association between supplementary services and functional risk
1. Separate charges for some extra facilities are worth their value like petrol and railway ticket purchases.
2. Additional benefi ts help in meeting all my fi nancial needs.
3. Additional benefi ts are appropriately designed to meet fi nancial requirements.
4. Additional facilities with a credit card meet my expectations.
5. I would prefer to have added benefi ts with my credit card.
6. * Additional facilities with a credit card increase its usage value.
7. * Buying airline / railway tickets by using a credit card at special counters save time.
8. * Through an add-on card other family members can also use the credit card.
9. * I do not face the problem of inadequate cash because of ATM access, cash advance and cash withdrawal facilities with my credit card.
10. * ATM access, cash advance and cash withdrawal and other facilities help to meet my fi nancial requirements effectively.
11. * These statements were judged to be of high value by the experts and considered as major components of the construct towards association of functional risk and supplementary services.
II Statements for measuring association between supplementary services and psychological risk
1. Protection against loss or damage from fi re for items purchased through credit card provides me with a sense of security.
2. People give recognition and attention, if purchases are made through credit card.
3. I feel proud while making purchases through credit cards.
4. It is easy to make a purchase decision on the basis of additional benefi ts.
5. I feel delighted to have extra benefi ts with my credit card.
6. * * I feel good about my decision to have additional facilities with my credit card.
7. * * I feel myself in safe hands due to zero / limited lost card liability.
8. * * I prefer to have recognition and attention, if purchases are made through credit card.
9. * * Additional facilities like ATM access, cash withdrawal, etc with credit card provides me with a sense of security.
10. * * My family members are not dependent on me to use credit card due to add-on card availability.