The application deadlines for the MBA Class of 2017 are:
|APPLICATION SUBMITTED ONLINE BY 12 NOON BOSTON TIME:||NOTIFICATION OF THE MBA ADMISSIONS BOARD'S DECISION:|
|TUE, 09 SEP 2014||DEC 2014|
|MON, 05 JAN 2015||MAR 2015|
|MON, 06 APR 2015||MAY 2015|
Please note that each "round" represents a distinct period in which you may apply, not a succession of steps for your application. You may apply in one round only, one time in an application year.
Given past experience, we anticipate that many candidates will submit their online application materials very close to 12 noon on submission deadline dates. To avoid heavy server traffic and potential delays, we encourage candidates to submit application materials as early as possible.
Applications received after 12 noon on September 9, 2014 will be considered in Round 2. Applications received after 12 noon on January 5, 2015 will be considered in Round 3. Applications received after 12 noon on April 6, 2015 will not be considered.When Should I Apply?
To avoid overwhelming server traffic generated by the high volume of applications we receive, candidates are encouraged to submit their application as early as possible prior to the deadline of each round.
We encourage applicants to apply in the first or second round, as space in the class may be limited by the third round. In addition, applying in the earlier rounds will give candidates more time to address the following:
- International candidates needing visas will find that applying in Round 3 makes the timing of their visa application stressful.
- International candidates admitted in Rounds 1 and 2 find that it's helpful to have the additional time to work on English proficiency.
- Some candidates may be required to complete preliminary course work prior to their enrollment.
- Many deadlines for outside (non-Harvard Business School) fellowships are in early spring. Only students who have been accepted are eligible for these fellowships.
- Financial aid is available regardless of when students are admitted. However, since admitted students may apply for financial aid only after they are admitted Round 3 admits have less time to prepare their application.
- Harvard Business School residence halls and Harvard University-affiliated apartments are assigned by lottery. Deadlines for both of these housing options precede Round 3 notification, and you must be admitted to HBS before you can enter these lotteries.
There is one question for the Class of 2017:
You’re applying to Harvard Business School. We can see your resume, school transcripts, extra-curricular activities, awards, post-MBA career goals, test scores and what your recommenders have to say about you. What else would you like us to know as we consider your candidacy?
There is no word limit for this question. We think you know what guidance we're going to give here. Don't overthink, overcraft and overwrite. Just answer the question in clear language that those of us who don't know your world can understand.essay代写登录：www.lxws.net
Joint program applicants for the Harvard Medical School, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Harvard Law School, and Harvard Kennedy School must provide an additional essay:
How do you expect the joint degree experience to benefit you on both a professional and a personal level? (400 words)
You will need to have two recommendations submitted online by the application deadlines.
Recommenders will be asked to fill out a personal qualities and skills grid and answer our two additional questions (see below).
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all recommendations are submitted online by the deadline date for the round in which the applicant is applying.
Ideally one recommendation should come from a current or recent supervisor, but we know that is not always possible. Use your best judgment on who you decide to ask - there is no set formula for who should be your recommenders. Look at the questions we are asking recommenders to complete. Find people who know you well enough to answer them! This should take priority over level of seniority or HBS alumni status.
Recommendations must be completed online. The recommendation form includes the following questions, along with other types of questions.
How do the candidate's performance, potential, background, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples. (300 words)
Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response. (250 words)